Thursday, July 14, 2016

1952 Saucer Collision Over Northern Utah


 Many of you may or may not know that while researching the Ely, Nevada UFO crashes, I stumbled upon another amazing incident that took place in the same year as the famous Robinson Copper Mine crash in Ruth, Nevada. This crash unlike others that I've heard of, includes two flying objects being involved in a mid-air collision over the Salt Lake City, Utah area. The objects collided in a brilliant flash of light and eventually came down in Nevada. 

    Here is a short summary of the events from that day...

On July 7, 1952 at 10:30 a.m. a bright orange fireball with a blue gaseous smoke trail was observed flying at high speeds over Ogden and Salt Lake City, Utah. Hill Air Force Base dispatched a B-26 bomber piloted by Robert S. Kalweit to pursue the object. While the bomber was giving chase, the unidentified flying object suddenly stopped in mid-air near the western shore of the Great Salt Lake and a bright flash was seen. Several eyewitnesses report that when the orange fireball stopped in mid-air over the Great Salt Lake, that a second object coming from the north collided with it. The collision is what actually caused the bright flash of light. The objects ended up both crashing eventually, but miles apart.

Once the flash was seen both by ground witnesses and Kalweit’s crew, the orange object made a quick 180 degree descent at rapid speed, and flew at an even faster supersonic speed towards the Nevada border. The object flew so quickly towards the Nevada border that the military originally thought that the object had crashed into the lake and sent out search parties to comb over the desert surrounding the lake and in the lake itself.

Witnesses in a small town known as Montello, Nevada report hearing a loud explosion a little after 10:30 a.m. Witnesses working at a local railroad compared the explosion to a bomb going off and shook the ground.  On July 8, 1952 a small search party made up of local ranchers led by Ralph Gibbs went to the site of the explosion to investigate. The search party found a very large portion of burnt land, but no traces of UFO material.

At approximately 11:30 a.m. on July 7, 1952 (an hour after the orange fireball made its appearance) an airlines pilot observed what he said was a fresh forest fire about 30 miles west of Wendover, Nevada. Other pilots who flew over the area thought that the fire was caused by a meteorite but it was actually the crash site of the second unknown object. 

Sometimes I get caught up with the Ely, Nevada UFO events and I don't get a chance to talk about some of the other cases that I've been working on the past several years. I speak about the 1952 saucer collision during some of my media appearances, but the interviewers primarily ask about my other work. I did however, get to speak about this during my latest interview on the Podcastufo show with Martin Willis in detail. If you haven't heard the long version of the story, it's definitely worth a listen. Check it out! 

(The 1952 saucer collision story is mentioned in the second hour of the interview)

No comments:

Post a Comment